MAC Recover deleted files

Reaction score
Hello, i have an imac, and use a external 1TB NTFS drive.
I use ntfs-3g (macfuse) and the native snow leopard ntfs support to read and wright to the this drive.

Wile i was deleting some unwanted files, i deleted by istake one folder with a lot of personal movies.

Strange that they did not ended up in the mac trash bin.

I have looked everyware for a recovery software for mac and i have find that Mack Keeper is very good but did not recovered all the files.

Yes i have stoped writing to this drive.

Mac Keeper recovered on a portion +- 25% of the files.

So i switched to a windows box and used recuva and NTFS Undelete, but this 2 cannot find anything deleted today, only things that i have deleted a few days ago.

Can anyone explain how to recover this entire folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You're saying that you deleted a folder and it wasn't in the trash bin? Are you saying you deleted it from the external drive or from your Macintosh HD?

It could be that you didn't delete it at all. Some new users accidentally drag folders and files to other locations without realizing it, or they see that they probably moved it but don't know where it was moved to. Have you tried searching for your folder in the Finder?

With your external drive plugged in, open a Finder window. In the top right corner you'll see a search bar. Start typing the name of the folder or one of the movies inside and see if anything comes up. If that doesn't reveal anything, select your external drive from the list of Devices on the left. There will be options near the top of the Finder that say "Search This Mac" and "Search (whatever your external drive is called)". Click the one that will search your external drive and try the same search.

You may indeed have to use a third party tool to recover the folder if it is in fact missing. And you may have lost it forever. But I find that the first line of defense with most issues is the simplest one. Couldn't hurt to try. Most of the time when I have a problem, the solution is simple and right there in front of me.

OP
D
Reaction score
YouTube - How to recover Deleted files in Mac?

I know that it is in Portuguese, but i translate it for you.At first you can see that the recycle bin is empty. When i delete a file in my external NTFS Drive i get a message that this file will be deleted permanently. And after i press Delete, the file will not appear in the trash bin. I have searched for my files but with no luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.