iSight camera

Reaction score
I have an Intel mac with the built in iSight camera which I used with the kids when I first got my Mac.

Not used it for ages and now when I open 'Photobooth' the message across the middle of the screen reads "There is no connected camera" ???:Not-Amused:

I haven't knowingly turned it off and the only software changes over time were a full Leopard then Snow Leopard install later on !! Anybody got any ideas how to turn it back on again please. Little one wants to pull faces at the computer for a while :D:D

Si

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Reaction score
Little one wants to pull faces at the computer for a while :D:D

Si

Completely unrelated to your question, but I just had to say it :p Our little girl loves pulling faces at the computer screen and giggling at herself with all the effects photo booth has :D Aren't the laughs and giggles of little kids the greatest? :D

Hope you can get it working :) Wish I knew enough about that to help!

OP
U
Reaction score
Reset done.

Got Photobooth back kinda. The countdown begins, does it's things but the image displayed is just black. Takes the pic and then saves it as a black image. Backlight should be fine I'm right underneath a naked (!) lightbulb !!!

Si

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Does the live images show before the capture is taken though?

- Simon

OP
U
Reaction score
"Does the live image show before the capture"

No, just black screen. Still no green light on up near the camera if that's got anything to do with it.

Si

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.