Member of the Month for February 2011

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
We have a ton of great members. Looks like it'll be tough choices for some time to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Congrats to harry and everyone else just for being nominated.
We got a good bunch of members here! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I knew I should have voted for myself! lol :p

Sediments aside isnt that the name of the game ;P lol

Was good to see a few more of votes but we have to do more than the 28 or so regulars!

Agree there harry. With the amount of members here you would think there would be more people having a vote. Can see why this went south before :(

Anyways BIG congrats to you Harry. And to all the other candidates commiserations but did a awesome job to be even nominated :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Agree there harry. With the amount of members here you would think there would be more people having a vote. Can see why this went south before :(

Anyways BIG congrats to you Harry. And to all the other candidates commiserations but did a awesome job to be even nominated :)

Cheers

I completely agree. I may have only been a member for just over 3 months now but I can definitely see who the most common members here are.
There are certainly some very hard-working members who give a lot of their time on these forums.
If only more members could spend just a little more time here taking part in polls etc, and giving just a little of their time back.

I know I have said it already but after a small rant I would again like to say a HUGE congrats to the nominees and MASSIVE congrats to Harry! :D

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Sediments aside isnt that the name of the game ;P lol

Cheers

You know you can also help us get more people voting by encouraging others each month or putting it in your signatures. Every little bit of publicity helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
You know you can also help us get more people voting by encouraging others each month or putting it in your signatures. Every little bit of publicity helps.

That's a great idea, when the voting opens i'll certainly put a link to it in my signature! :)

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Congratulations Harry.

Cheers ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Good as done schweb. Will have it sorted for next months poll. Will do all i can to promote the next MoTH
Means i get to design a new sig :) WoOt

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats Harry.
Maybe I should have voted for someone who would get more then 2 votes :). But the vote went to who I thought was the most deserving.

I got a bad rep for this. I'm not against the bad rep. But at least have a spine and don't leave anonymous negative rep like you did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I got a bad rep for this. I'm not against the bad rep. But at least have a spine and don't leave anonymous negative rep like you did.

For that?! I think someone's got their panties in a bunch today cause I received anonymous rep today with a comment calling me an "a**" for some other post elsewhere. Some people...

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you have received what you feel is an unjustified rep, please PM me and I will be more than happy to address. There is no need to call it out off-topic in the public forums.

MYmacROX: I will start the process for you right away. We don't allow name calling in the public forums and it won't be tolerated in rep either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Im shocked 8th ?!?!?!?

Cant understand how someone could give *neg* rep for a opinion of your own on who is most deserving . . . . . . That does blow and shows how shallow some can be . . .

I suppose this is why the voting of MoTM is anonymous. So people dont presume favouritism/ or get jealous or think its undeserving.

I am not on here 24/7 and i dont see every post so i take the mods decision of the candidates as the correct one then believe everyone nominated is deserving. Obviously everyone doesnt feel this way lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Really the8thark take up cwa107's offer and have the rep erased. That is outrageous!

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, please. Let's keep it on-topic and not obsess over rep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cant understand how someone could give *neg* rep for a opinion of your own on who is most deserving . . . . . . That does blow and shows how shallow some can be . . .

So let's think this through...

The rep system is to be used to express your opinion about the helpfullness, politeness, or community contribution of a post. It's that person's opinion on whether they think it's worth positive or negative rep.

So why would that person's opinion be worth anything less than the8thark's in this case? Why defend one side's right to an opinion and not another's?

But cwa is correct, unless the rep is actually violating the forum rules, there's absolutely no need to cry about it on a public thread. Contact a mod if you feel something needs to be adjusted, but I'll be honest, unless it's a violation of the forum rules, it's probably going to stay.

I think some in this thread should read this for a refresher:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/68770-reputation-system-faq.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So let's think this through...

Dont take me wrong on this. I agree one opinion is is as valide as the next. My point was trying to point in the direction of it being Anonymous.

Sorry for any confusion, as i did go on about one opinion more than the other.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anonymous.

I would argue it's no more anonymous than people using screen names here rather than real names in the end.

But I do understand your point. :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
This is in regard to the anonymous part of it. I have ended up giving anonymous good rep in the past (actually fairly recently) because I forgot I needed to add a message and sig.
It would be nice if the default was to post a signature, and those who had some reason for wanting to remain anonymous could opt out by checking box at the time of posting.
Just an idea.

BTW: Bum rap IMO for the8thark and MyMacRox both

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is in regard to the anonymous part of it. I have ended up giving anonymous good rep in the past (actually fairly recently) because I forgot I needed to add a message and sig.
It would be nice if the default was to post a signature, and those who had some reason for wanting to remain anonymous could opt out by checking box at the time of posting.
Just an idea.

Getting off topic guys. >_>"

Congrats to harryb2448.

Side note: Now that I'm a mod I can see who is giving me rep. :p

E

EightmanVT

Just an idea.

I've been giving all anonymous - because I had never read the link Schweb just posted. Thanks for posting it. I gave you anonymous reps for that! :)

I had actually looked for info on the rep system when I first joined but came up empty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.