iBook G4 trackpad driver issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iBook G4 trackpad driver issue *FIXED*

Ok so my harddrive died and I had to reinstall all my stuff.
One of the tools I was using was the iscroll hack to enable 2-finger scrolling on older iBooks.
This worked fine before, but this time around it failed on installation due to issues with another driver.

I had installed USBOverdrive X as well, so I tossed that and tried again. No luck, still claims I'm using 3rd party drivers.

So then I thought I'd manually install the altered trackpad driver. No luck - mouse stops working. Uhoh.
Course I'd backed up the first driver so I replaced the altered driver with the original - still no luck.

So now my trackpad isn't responding at all!

Any ideas other than reformatting and reinstalling?

*EDIT*: I've actually tried booting off the system discs and I still have no trackpad support??
I can't actually remember checking to see if the trackpad worked before trying the alternate drivers - how could I check the physical connection?

Never mind: I took it to our tech support and the connector was actually not plugged properly. It must have come loose when the harddrive was replaced...

*whew*!

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
-

*Deleted* -see above-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.