d/l latest Flash player, but it doesn't work - help?

Reaction score
Hello. I d/l the latest Flash player app twice today, once at the walmart website where I have a photo book saved that I wanted to work on, and just now I was on my acc't at photobucket, trying up uplosd a photo, and PB won't let me copy the link to my photo from the PB acc't so I can paste it onto one of the computer forums that I hang out at. I was following instructions as to d/l Flash player app, I installed it (repeatedly) today on my mac I (I chose the version for OS X 10.4 - 10.6) and I even tried the earlier OS X version, but still the newly d/l Flash won't work (and this was for the walmart website), but somehow, the red Flash icon never showed up in my Finder's Applications folder - I don't know if I installed Flash correctly, even though I clicked on the "install" button and put my user acc't into dialogue box that popped up - I wonder if the problem isn't me, it's with that particular version of Flash player?

I'm using OS X - Snow Leopard, but I've never had this problem with Flash before - what gives?

How do I get this (Flash 10) app to behave as it should and not kind of like a "fake" Flash (this latest Flash player was behaving like a "fake" flash)?

Thanks in advance.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Flash Player won't put an icon in your Applications folder as it is only a browser plugin. Let's start with the basics - go here and let us know what this page tells you about the installed version.

Have you tried different browsers? What browser are you currently using? If you're using Safari, go to Help > Installed Plug-ins. Is Flash listed and if so, what version? You can do the same for Firefox and Chrome by going here.

OP
AlienBZ
Reaction score
Flash Player won't put an icon in your Applications folder as it is only a browser plugin. Let's start with the basics - go here and let us know what this page tells you about the installed version.

The page says "Platform" - Macintosh OS X;
"browser" - Firefox, Opra, Safari;
"player version" - 10.1.102.64

Have you tried different browsers? What browser are you currently using? If you're using Safari, go to Help > Installed Plug-ins. Is Flash listed and if so, what version? You can do the same for Firefox and Chrome by going here.

I'm using Safari. Ok, I did go to Safari > help > Installed plug-ins, but flash isn't listed - it's just a blank page. Next, just to make sure, I went to the walmart site where they have a link to d/l the latest Flash Player, I installed it, then checked in my Safari > help > installed plug-ins, but still there was no Flash plug-in listed - again, a blank page.

Here's some attachments to see what I d/l -

How can I fix this problem?

ready to d:l latest flash player.png

what this latest flash d:l looks like.png

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm surprised that the Safari plug-in page is blank as it shouldn't be. You should at least see Java and QuickTime on that page.

Open up Macintosh HD > Library > Internet Plug-Ins. Is there a flashplayer.xpt and a Flash Player.plugin in there? Is there anything in there?

OP
AlienBZ
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Safari plug-in page is blank as it shouldn't be. You should at least see Java and QuickTime on that page.

Open up Macintosh HD > Library > Internet Plug-Ins. Is there a flashplayer.xpt and a Flash Player.plugin in there? Is there anything in there?

Ok - opened up my Macintosh HD > Library > Internet plug ins, and yes, there's both a flashplayer.xpt and flash player .plugin there.

Now what do I do to make them work with these webpages (such as Walmart's, etc) - copy them to my Safari plug-ins page - I tried this, but it wouldn't let me. How to I fix this so the walmart et al webpages will display?

OP
AlienBZ
Reaction score
Where did you'all go? I thought you were helping me with this problem?

EDIT - I d/l Firefox 3, installed it, and it fixed the problem.

OP
AlienBZ
Reaction score
Hey y'all - did you hear? I solved this Safari plug-in problem!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.