Line 2 - iPhone app

Reaction score
So I have reason to believe the phone number on my iPhone is 3GS is being tapped into and traced/calls listened to etc. Text messages possibly being recorded as well

I need to get a new number for business, so whoever is tapping into my personal line doesnt know anything about what I discuss for business.

There in app called Line 2, which gives you a second phone number, that you can use to call and text from, without needing another phone.

Do you think this would do the trick, or this can probably be traced just as easily since its on the same phone.

The obvious option is to carry a 2nd phone with me, and just get a seperate number for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
What makes you begin to think that your calls are being listened to? I'm not trying to cross 'too far' lines but do you believe it to be hacking of some sort? Is it law-related?

OP
B
Reaction score
My past employer told me they listened to some of my calls, and I wouldnt be surprised if they still are. I know the owner also owns a PI company, so I know they can listen in. This has nothing to do with the law or a crime or anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there any reason why you can't just change your current number to a new one...keeping your existing phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I suppose you could do what you said...and slowly converge your business to the new number?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
If your phone calls are indeed being "tapped" by someone who is not a LEO affiliated with a LEA (and in possession of a valid wiretap order/warrant), then you are the victim of a Federal crime. The FBI is your friend in this case. It is illegal to record a phone conversation without the consent of at least one party on the call. Your best option is to contact you local FBI FO and explain to them what is occurring. If you are correct, they will hit your former employer so hard he will likely never recover (or work as a PI with a felony conviction). If you are not being eavesdropped upon, they you will at least have confirmation of that fact and be able to sleep (and talk) much easier.

In matters such as this, I always recommend hitting back. HARD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.