Great AppleCare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
the sad part about this story is that i've only had my 15" Aluminum Powerbook for about a month and it needed these repairs.

so after using the powerbook for about a month i noticed there were these two white misty spots on the screen and my left SHIFT key was somewhat defective. i called up applecare and told them about my problems and they said they would get right on it. next morning i wake up and there's a delivery box waiting for me. i put my powerbook inside and shipped it to them. i called today(2 business days after i sent it, 4 days total) and they said they've already looked at it and determined that it needs a replacement LCD screen and a replacement backlit keyboard, but that i should still be receiving it within the 5-7 business days as promised. so far so good, i'll let you all know how the computer is when i get it back. if this story turns out well i think i might be tempted to purchase the extended 3-year applecare protection plan, but that $350 price tag is a pretty big minus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
fasheezy said:
the sad part about this story is that i've only had my 15" Aluminum Powerbook for about a month and it needed these repairs.

so after using the powerbook for about a month i noticed there were these two white misty spots on the screen and my left SHIFT key was somewhat defective. i called up applecare and told them about my problems and they said they would get right on it. next morning i wake up and there's a delivery box waiting for me. i put my powerbook inside and shipped it to them. i called today(2 business days after i sent it, 4 days total) and they said they've already looked at it and determined that it needs a replacement LCD screen and a replacement backlit keyboard, but that i should still be receiving it within the 5-7 business days as promised. so far so good, i'll let you all know how the computer is when i get it back. if this story turns out well i think i might be tempted to purchase the extended 3-year applecare protection plan, but that $350 price tag is a pretty big minus.

The more I hear about these new 15" PB's, the more I begin to doubt Apple's recent QC. Good luck with the repairs though, and try not to lose faith in Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
yea i have an older 15" and i have had zero problems. i have the 3 year plan since it was pretty cheap with student discounts

S

StealthMode

Wow, I wish they were that nice about mine when my screen was cracked. Good luck man, hopefully everything turns out ok.

Stealth -

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
StealthMode said:
Wow, I wish they were that nice about mine when my screen was cracked. Good luck man, hopefully everything turns out ok.

Stealth -

Okay, here's the rest of the story.

I got back my Aluminum Powerbook with the brand new display, which look freak'n awesome, no dead pixel and no "ghost" areas. Unfortunately it took them about 10 total days to return it to me b/c they had to order the new display and a new keyboard. So I want to test out my display with the Matrix DVD and it looks great. I try to eject the DVD and it only popped out a tiny bit out of the CD bay. I had to grip it with two fingers on the top and bottom to take it out instead of sticking my finger in the CD hole which I would normally be able to see. Then I notice that the parts were not all properly connected creating warped areas. Then I notice that the auto dimmer function didn't work. I sent it out for 2 problems and now I got it back with 3 new problems. I called up AppleCare and they apologized and assured me that they would fix everything properly. I sent it out and got it back in 3 days, which was great, and now everything is working fine and I'm enjoying my new Aluminum Powrbook. Overall, I would have to say that I would never want to send my computer back to AppleCare if possible.

S

StealthMode

LOL man and I thought I was having problems. Glad everything turned out for the best man. They sent me my PB back with the new LCD, and now I have latch problems, right after I got it allready. My old LCD never had that problem, it was nice and snug. Now this one like to pop up on me without it being touched sometimes. Just doesn't latch very good. But I can live with it, at least untill I get a fiew more dead pixels, i have at least 2, possibly 3 or more. A nice big one in the middel and another down a little lower off to the left. Such troubles! :p

Stealth -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.