Ebook made w/ Word 2011 won't retain hyperlinks when formatted as PDF

Reaction score
I create a ebook using Word 2011 but when I save it as a PDF, it loses it's hyperlinks.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Any apps out there to do this?

Note: I already tried Adobe CreatePDF which failed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you tried printing it and using Preview rather than print to create a PDF

OP
B
Reaction score
I believe so.

Is this when I go to print it. then choose Preview. then do a "save as" during the preview?

If so, I did this and no links work. Not even the one that did work before in the footer.

OP
B
Reaction score
ITs really crazy...I've tried everything...Nitro pdf, adobe, a bunch of online services, and letting others try. Still cant be done.

I even had someone open it in word 2010 for PC and it was almost perfect. It worked fine for them but when it comes back to my computer, there are boxes around all the links,

Reaction score
Did you ever find your answer?

I'm having the same troubles. Someone sent me a Word document. I opened it on my Mac with MS2011 and links are identified, but not active. I saved it as a PDF and links stay blue and underlined, but are not active.

Reaction score
Word 11 is a pain all right! I wrote a book on Word 4 and Word 11 opens it fine but when I convert to PDF (to make into an ebook) the bottom margin is too small and the top too big. Struggling for months trying to figure it out to no avail.

Hope you can figure your hyperlinks out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.