osx

Reaction score
i just downloaded the new OSX...nothing seems to have changed. although i can get the apps but can't get iphoto although it says it is purchased. should i redo the download? i'm new to this and need help:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You mean you have the new 10.6.6 update.

If it says iPhoto is already purchased it probably means it is already in your apps folder and is also up to date

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you purchased any application previously and it's also available in the Mac App Store, you will not be able to "purchase" the application again through the MAS, and you will not get updates or anything..

If you were to delete the installed application, you can then purchase the application from MAS, but then you'd have to pay for it again..

A little annoying if you ask me..since I have a few apps that I bought before MAS and having to re-buy them is a tad annoying..strange that Apple hasn't come out with a way of letting MAS deal with apps that are installed but not purchased through it..

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What difference does it make? The apps you previously purchased before the App store came into being can still be updated through software updates. And take note that many developers have chosen NOT to put their apps in the App store probably because of the "gratuity" to Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.