I just bought an iMac and iBook!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Wow, what a rush :)

I just bought a stock iBook (ordered 1GB stick of ram from newegg) and i stock iMac G5 with SD. I can't wait for these thing to get here.

The only downside is that i have to pay the parents back and...well...i will be broke after this purchase.

But hey, i have two brand new Apple computers coming. Can't wait!!!

*continues to check every 15 min to see if they have shipped*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Congrats but why the rush, the iBook for school or something...???

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
yeah the iBook is for school.

The rush becasue i just spent a lot of money...that i won't have any more. Now i am depressed just thinking about it ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new systems. I know what you mean, when I buy something, i want it now. I don't like to wait for it to arrive. :)

Reaction score
Why buy two computers at the same time.

Don't get me wrong I wouldnt complain but just seems a bit excessive when you say you have no cash.

But good on you, i am more than a little envious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
why didnt you just get a PowerBook???

but still.. coool beans :p

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NightCrawler said:
why didnt you just get a PowerBook???

but still.. coool beans :p

I was considering getting just the powerbook. But with the supposed updates and the fact that when i sell the iPod minis and stuff i will come out to about the same price as i would have paid for the one powerbook.

The iBook will be used for notes and taking to school while the G5 will be the home computer that my grandmother will also use. Hence the reason i ordered two computers instead of just one.

Reaction score
Thats a lot of Apple. Which will you open first?...assuming they arrive on the same day.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zap2 said:
cool

iWant an iBook!!! Cuz ihave a iMac!!

iGet it Do you?

HA, nice. :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mynameis said:
Thats a lot of Apple. Which will you open first?...assuming they arrive on the same day.

I will probably go for the iBook first becasue i already now what the iMac can do. Have one at home as the family computer.

Now the onyl thing left to do i figure out how to get the DSL up to my room ;)

Reaction score
prostuff1 said:
Now the onyl thing left to do i figure out how to get the DSL up to my room ;)

They both have built in wireless so you should be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mynameis said:
They both have built in wireless so you should be good to go.
...that is if he already has a wireless router. ;)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unfortunantly i don"t have a wireless router...yet. That is the next thing i am going to buy!! :)

B

badmojo

mynameis said:

GULP! no kidding. Man, that's quite a chunk at once...don't choke. But have a ton-o-fun!!!

S

sursuciofla

I have ibook and thinking about an iMac now..............

badmojo said:
GULP! no kidding. Man, that's quite a chunk at once...don't choke. But have a ton-o-fun!!!

I have an ibook as mentioned but now I want an imac for my video editing, etc. Ibook works just fine for me but I would like a G5 to handle the big stuff now and just use my ibook for the lighter. I was thinking of the low-end iMac and maxing out the RAM, but want your opinions on whether the 17" is very much inferior to the 20" model as far as performance goes. If the specs difference isn't giving major performance upgrade versus the other I would like to know. Forget the superdrive because that is not an issue for me, as I prefer my external Lacie. Outside of that what would you guys recommend. I thought about a Powermac or getting a Powerbook but I am going to wait a couple of years for Intel transition. Thank you all ahead of time for taking the time to give me your opinions.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if the superdrive is not a consurn i would get the lower end iMac and max the ram out like you said. I got the 17in with SD because i wanted the ability to burn DVD's and not have an external burner.

Get the lower end and then max out the ram, thats what we did with the family computer and it flys. I do have to say that for what we use the family computer for the 2GB of RAM is way overkill...but i don't complain :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.