How to get new songs onto my Ipod after HD change

Reaction score
we had to change our hard drive out a few months ago. It had been changed out the year before, but the warranty had run out.:'(
I cannot remember the exact problem now, but we have a new hard drive, :)

Well, we have an ipod, the little old ones, the shuffles, and we have lots of songs on it, from our old Itunes list. Now, I want to add more songs, but it insists i have to delete the library of songs that is on it now, before i add new ones, :(

I dont' want to delete them. I love these songs. And when I say cancel, otherwise it will delete TODO from my ipod, I click cancel& then dont even see an Ipod icon on the list on the left.
What can I do to get new songs on my Ipod? I hate to wipe out all the ones I got now. someone said there was a program that would help me.
Is there one for free?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.