iMac documents on ioad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" iMac 2.5GHz Core i5
Hi, I'm thinking about getting an iMac. I already have an iPad and was wounding if it's possible to sync documents between iMac and iPad.

I was thinking about typing up all my favourite recipes on the iMac along with a picture. But didn't know if it was possible to sync this document with the iPad, so I can then put my iPad on a stand and read it like a book.

If this is possible, what sort of software is the iMac bundled with (or what software should I buy) to do this.

Also, is there any way of being able to create this document in the form of a book, so when it's on the iPad I can swipe the screen like it's a book?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
You can buy Pages/Keynote/Numbers for Mac and you can also buy them for iPad. From there you could sync documents between the two through iTunes.

I suppose you could use all of the document pages and turn them into a PDF, then use a PDF reader to read the document as a book.

C

chas_m

No need to go through even that much (though Pages is an excellent program). Any Mac word processor -- or any other program that can save files -- can save to PDF, which the iBooks application (free) can read.

You'd probably be best served, however, by searching for a recipe program for the Mac that has an iOS companion app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.