App hangs and server connections

Reaction score
I am working on a brand new iMac running OSX 10.6. I'm fairly familiar with Macs but for some reason this machine that is only 2 weeks old is throwing up on itself rather routinely. I even got it to go gray screen and have a BSOD error earlier in the week. Needless to say this only proves that Macs are not as issue free as Apple would lead you to believe. Regardless my issue at hand is occasionally Finder or Photoshop CS5 give me app hangs like I have too many things running. Which is not even remotely close to being true. Secondly I put the computer to sleep every night and then just come in the morning and go at it. But at least 50 percent of the time or more when I wake it up my connection with the server is frozen. I can't access any files or do anything with them etc. But it says I'm connected. So I eject the server and try to reconnect and it will sit at the reconnect endlessly. So far the only way to remedy this is a reboot. Which starts but then hangs and I have to manually hold the button and start it back up. Once restarted I can connect to the server instantly.
To be sure I am completely surprised I'm having these kind of bugs and hangs with a brand new Apple product. Granted the server issue could be on our side but seeing as I'm the only one experiencing it I'm thinking theres a glitch or setting somewhere. Honestly I've less issues in Windows 7. That may be heresy but its the truth. I do acknowledge though this seems to be some isolated events and that most mac users probably don't encounter these problems. Anyways, any help would be nice, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.