MacBook won't "wake"

Reaction score
Since running the 10.6.6 update on my MacBook 2GHz Core 2 Duo, anytime I shut the notebook to put it to sleep, it won't sleep, and subsequently won't "wake." It will act as if it's "sleeping" but the fan continues to whirl, and it continues to try and process something. When I open it back up, it simply forces me to do a hard reboot on it.

Anyone else running into an issue similar? Or is this one that's common, and I'm completely oblivious to the solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
You could try an SMC Reset

I'm actually curious to know if it works out for you...let me know!

OP
J
Reaction score
The first test, thus far, resulted in a success. Tonight, I'll actually get several processes going that would be in the "norm" of before I updated, and try a second time, and update. But, for now, this looks like it could have been a success, but as I said I'll follow up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Let me know if it helped you out :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Apparently it worked! Thank you very much! It also taught me a solid trick, although now I need to understand exactly what all it did for future usage of that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.