G3/wireless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Powerbook G3 Stats:

Model #: M5343

I have really been looking into wireless PCI cards for my powerbook lombard, lately I have been to http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/faq.html#panic which supplied free drivers for certain wireless cards. I checked the list and then searched all of the computers stores around me and finally found the Linksys WPC-11 Wireless B, v.4 card. I downloaded the driver and it didn't work. So I began searching around wondering why it wasn't working and found out that the version 4 of this linksys card isn't supported due to a different chipset.

So now my problem is I can't find a compatible card, even on the IOXexperts website. I live in Canada and I dont want to have to spend $200 in total with shipping charges/customs/taxes. I have found several cards that have the same name such as D-Link DWL G650, but on IOXexperts website it says they support the DWL 650 (does the G do that much).

I have thought at looking at ebay but it might not be worth it considering I may buy it and it end up not working, I can't return it like I can if I purchased it from a store.

If any of you know a solution to my problem or a Canadian Store that has a card that will work on my computer with/without a driver I may need to buy I appreciate it.

I have tried looking at Staples.ca, TheSourcebyCC.ca, Futureshop.ca

Thanks for the help guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
upgrade to 10.2 as it said all kernel panics have been solved. im sure you could pick up a copy for a few $$

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.