ftp publishing with iweb

Reaction score
Has anybody created their iweb site and published to their own domain via ftp using iweb? I can't get it to work for me ... I just get a 404 forbidden page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Make sure you have checked the settings in iWeb, check with your domain host to verify the settings too.
Also try an ftp program like filezilla with the same settings, export your iweb onto your desktop and upload the files using Filezilla from there to see if the same error occurs.

- Simon

OP
S
Reaction score
My settings are correct, I've checked and double checked.

But I don't want to use an ftp client when iweb clearly gives me the option to Publish by ftp.

Has anybody successfully uploaded to their own domain?

Reaction score
FTP and iWeb

This is from the iWeb help page. Working it all out myself and saw your thread...

"iWeb does not provide an FTP client, but they are easy to obtain. Some hosting services provide a web-based FTP upload service, or you can download an FTP client from the web. For more information, contact your server administrator"

Reaction score
exporting iweb files onto desktop

Buzzard2010, how does one export iweb files onto the desktop? I'm having similar problems...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.