Solutions for reducing glare on new iMacs

Reaction score
Okay, I know this is a "hot" topic, but has anyone come up with a good solution in reducing glare in the new iMac screens? I've always had a matte screen mac and been very pleased. I just purchased a new 27" iMac last night, set it up last night and I was impressed. This morning I sat down and it was like looking into a mirror! I could see everything behind me like it was a second screen. Surely, people don't try to work like this...

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
Just make sure it isn't pointed in the direction of direct sunlight, lights etc, close blinds/ curtains if you have too, also you can turn the brightness of the screen up to compensate.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I tell folks to either try and relocate the iMac or think strongly about a Mini and a monitor. I know it's not the solution you want to hear, but I am not a big fan of all those films and screen protectors. Just my two cents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.