Can't Connect To Server

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just started a new job and all of our files and documents are on a server. They use an HP Mediasmart Server. I am the only one with a Mac (I have a black macbook) and I cannot for the life of me connect to the server. My boss mentioned one of the partners in the past had a mac and had issues connecting but somehow figured it out. However, he is no longer here for me to ask and has not responded to my e-mails. I have connected to servers before and know how to actually go through the steps (Finder > Go > Connect To Server) but I cannot find the address for this particular server and none of the user names or passwords work when I use them but trying to connect through the shared column on the finder window. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
No one on the windows side can tell you the server name or IP address?

What is the model number of the server?

What did you type into the dialog when you did finder-> go -> connect to server (you could also use cmd-k)

Since I don't know what the server is - and since it is a windows type server did you put in
smb://<name or ip address>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.