Powerbook G4 Perpetual Sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
Sit tight, this is going to be long:

So, I bought a 17" PB G4 from eBay for a good price. The only advertised thing wrong with it is that the screen has two lines on it, I was eventually going to replace the screen.

Anyhow, I got the computer almost 2 weeks ago and the guy had sent me the wrong power adapter (a 45w instead of a 65), so I had to wait to send him back the 45 and get myself a 65. The 65 arrived today.

I first plugged in the computer, and powered it up, it chimed and all came on. I spent like half and hour configuring it and setting it up, then I closed the lid to put it to sleep. everything went dark and the little light came on. About 15 minutes later I tried waking it up and it wouldn't wake up at all.... i pressed a bunch of keys, the power button, opened and closed the lid...nothing.

I should note that although I was using the computer, it said that there was only 1% battery life and it wasn't recognizing that it was plugged in. A message popped up telling me it was going to sleep if I didn't plug it in, but I used it for almost 5 minutes after that.

Things i have tried thus far:

Taking out the battery (the light stayed on)
Pressing the power button for 5 seconds
Resetting the PMU

So what is wrong with it? Is it the PMU/logic board? the battery inside that controls the clock...etc? The DC in board? Or is the battery just so old that it screws with the computer.

Thanks for any and all input.

-Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.