Cracked screen

Reaction score
I accidentaly stepped on my closed macbook pro and cracked the top of the screen.

It's not really that bad, it still works fine, and u cant see the cracks unless u turn it a certain way in the light. There are no white areas. Theres like 4 long thin cracks that run across the top of the screen.

If i take this into Apple can they repair it for me? Obviously i would pay

Also, I don't have the black key covers or plastic brackets on three of the keys, the skip back, play, and skip forward

Would the apple maintenance people provide and insert the keys for me?

I have warranty so would it be free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I accidentaly stepped on my closed macbook pro and cracked the top of the screen.

It's not really that bad, it still works fine, and u cant see the cracks unless u turn it a certain way in the light. There are no white areas. Theres like 4 long thin cracks that run across the top of the screen.

If i take this into Apple can they repair it for me? Obviously i would pay

Also, I don't have the black key covers or plastic brackets on three of the keys, the skip back, play, and skip forward

Would the apple maintenance people provide and insert the keys for me?

I have warranty so would it be free?

You would have to pay for the screen repair, as it does not cover user caused damage. The keys however, that's really up to whoever you get at the apple store. They could have an old keyboard there and replace a few keys for you, or they could charge you for a brand new keyboard. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.