Interesting Predicament ... Need Help from a Bootcamp User

Reaction score
Okay, so here's my plight. My Macbook Pro has been having display issues for the past 6 months or so. Replacing the display cables helped for about a week, so now I'm now waiting on a lcd panel.

Anyway, my screen is completely grayed-out now so I've been using an external monitor on the mac side to do work. I now however need to boot up in windows and can't because my windows side isn't setup to automatically display to an external monitor when the computer turns on. I've tried pressing different keys and such to get the computer to display to the external monitor with no luck.

Therefore, if anybody would be so kind as to take screen shots as to where the little nvidia icon is in the corner of the screen in the toolbar, and of what the popup menu items are when you click on it so I can attempt to set it manually, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks for any help!

OP
L
Reaction score
If anyone does decide they want to help, you have turn on the on-screen keyboard so that you can take snapshots with (alt) (printscreen) and then paste the results into another program. Again any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I don't know about that, but if you have an external mouse available, then plug that into the MBP while booted into OSX, close the lid, this will obviously make it go into sleep mode. Click away until it wakes now the screen will be on your monitor.
Restart the computer into Windows Boot Camp, this should now make windows show on the monitor as the lid of the laptop is closed. You can then make the necessary changes needed.

Hope this helps.

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.