Non-charging PowerBook G4 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2012) 2.3 GHz, OS X El Capitan
Hi everyone :)

My PowerBook is around 4 yrs old and a few months back I had to replace the battery (not for the first time, that was the third time) and at the same time I also had to replace the power adaptor (with a proper Mac one just like the original). Afterwards everything has been working fine.

Yesterday my laptop shut down unexpectedly, I thought I'd forgotten to plug it into the mains and the power had just run down. Rebooted it, and found that not only was it still plugged into the mains (the orange light on the charger showed it is apparently working) but that my battery was at 19%. I didn't think too much of it, but as time passed the charge didn't go up, but stuck stubbornly at 19%. It also doesn't show that charging zigzag symbol, but the one you get when your laptop isn't charging. Also the moment I unplug from the mains the laptop instantly shuts down, and it shouldn't at 19%, it should keep functioning (with no apps running) till the battery gets very low.

I then tried a different mains plug and the same situation occurred. The light remains orange but the battery doesn't recharge. The power adaptor feels warm to the touch when I feel it. I separated the cord from the adaptor, gave it a clean. The power adaptor and cord is not damaged in any way, as far as I'm aware.

Coconut battery shows I'm at 89% of current battery capacity, but charge is at 19%. Loadcycles at 44. Also says battery is not charging.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Or what I need to check?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2012) 2.3 GHz, OS X El Capitan
I'm not sure... can't find the paper work at the moment... :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.