Using 2 Iphones on one mac

Reaction score
OK, help.

I have an iphone and it syncs to my itunes, all fine no worries.

my Girlfriend has just got an iphone, and to set up her iphone, I created a separate user, with a separate itunes, and that has worked fine too.

However, how would I put music onto her Iphone? All our music is under my user, on my itunes.

Any advice greatly recieved.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's no need to create a seperate user and seperate iTunes instance. Just connect both phones to your iTunes instance. Seperate the music etc via which playlists you want to sync.

The alternative is to create a shared itunes library but that really overcomplicates the whole process.

Reaction score
Yeah. WHy did you create a separate account?

I have 3 iPhones, 2 iPads and 4 iPods that I sync with my MacBook. The only inconvenience I've ever run into is that I'll have multiple copies of apps that were purchased on different accounts.

You can just plug her iPhone into your iTunes and drop and drag (or sync) your media no problem. If you wish to leave her apps etc on her own account, you can do that too.

Pictures, music & movies, and apps can actually be synced on 3 different computers. That is, all her pictures can come from her work computer, all her music from your iTunes, and all her apps from her iTunes account and it will still work seamlessly on her phone

OP
S
Reaction score
did the separate account as didnt want to have the app issue discussed.

so i can just add music, ok, ill give it a go!

cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
ok, didnt work. when i plug the iphone into my usual ituns, i cant drop songs onto it....

any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
ok, didnt work. when i plug the iphone into my usual ituns, i cant drop songs onto it....

any other ideas?

Care to add a few more details? Error messages? Can you sync a playlist?

App issue?

OP
S
Reaction score
just wont allow me to do anything with her iphone. can drop anything onto it, etc etc etc

Reaction score
It should give you a message like "this iPhone is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to delete its contents and sync to this library?" or some such

...When her iPhone is selected, make sure "manually manage music and videos" is selected and try it again

OP
S
Reaction score
It should give you a message like "this iPhone is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to delete its contents and sync to this library?" or some such

...When her iPhone is selected, make sure "manually manage music and videos" is selected and try it again

When i have it plugged into her itunes account, the ihpone is set to manually music.

when it connects to mine, manually manage music is not ticked. If I tick it, then i get the error message you mention, and i do not want to sync it as i do not want multiple app errors.

Is my only option to move all my music to a shared location

Reaction score
When i have it plugged into her itunes account, the ihpone is set to manually music.

when it connects to mine, manually manage music is not ticked.If I tick it, then i get the error message you mention, and i do not want to sync it as i do not want multiple app errors.

Is my only option to move all my music to a shared location

Go ahead and check it. It will only effect the music and video, not pictures or apps; those are separate.

So you can have music and video with computer 1
Pictures with computer 2
and Apps with computer 3

That's how ya do it.

OP
S
Reaction score
are you sure? will it not try and sync apps and photos?

So apps and photos will be separate then?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.