Early death of MAcBook (04.2008) is that it?

Reaction score
I joined the club “ I love Apple” in 04.2008 with my first MAcBook. Named it “MyBaby” and loved it since. Regardless of my extra care, the case presented cracks after 6 months. It was recognized as a problem and fixed for free with an Apple´s authorization number. Then my internet connector went, I had to get a usb cable. With less than 2 yrs, the power source died. Still 3 easy fix!! One year after the fixing of the cracked case, it cracked again. Apple authorizated another fixing. Then… the worse happened with only 2 yrs and.7monts, the mother board went. I am not ready to give up on MyBaby, however, the fixing is expensive and how do I know there is no more problems. Did I get a bad apple? I hear great comments on Apple service, can do anything for MyBaby? I still want to keep in the club. I am thankfull for your suggestion? thanks,n

Reaction score
Hello and welcome!! :)

Sorry to hear about all the problems with your Macbook! Apple service is indeed excellent! If your warranty/applecare are gone, sadly yes this latest problem will be an expensive fix... I don't think you got a "bad Apple" :) Over the course of time naturally these things happen. You can always take it in and see what Apple can do for you! I suggest that, first of all! But if it is too costly, it might be time to look at getting MyBaby Jr. ;)

OP
N
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!! :)

Sorry to hear about all the problems with your Macbook! Apple service is indeed excellent! If your warranty/applecare are gone, sadly yes this latest problem will be an expensive fix... I don't think you got a "bad Apple" :) Over the course of time naturally these things happen. You can always take it in and see what Apple can do for you! I suggest that, first of all! But if it is too costly, it might be time to look at getting MyBaby Jr. ;)

Thanks for your input! and all that you said is what I believed before I had this experience.:Cool: But now, this experience with MyBaby was not sucessfull, why repeat? I had Windows before: cheaper and lastested longer!! HAs anyone had similar problem and a successful outcome? thankyou!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Should have gotten the extended warranty. >_>"

OP
N
Reaction score
maybe!!and is a good idea if I ever go apple again. although I was told at the apple store that the warranty would not cover all:(!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
maybe!!and is a good idea if I ever go apple again. although I was told at the apple store that the warranty would not cover all:(!

Need to read what it covers before you decide to purchase the extended warranty. It doesn't cover things that you did to the machine on accident. IE. dropping it, spilling liquid etc.

The thing with your motherboard just up and dying would have been covered through Apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Sorry for your bad luck but you have take into account the nature of electronics
it could break out of the box or many years from now and this happens to all brands even Apple. You can look at various forums and see that each brand
has had a failure along with posters that 5 or more years still going. I like others will often upgrade 3 to 4 years just because things are changing at a rapid rate better track pads with gestures better screens faster processors and
more ram all while increasing battery life.

OP
N
Reaction score
Need to read what it covers before you decide to purchase the extended warranty. It doesn't cover things that you did to the machine on accident. IE. dropping it, spilling liquid etc.

The thing with your motherboard just up and dying would have been covered through Apple care.

certainly! and this computer received the best treatment ever!
And about the warranty.... I tried looking online for details but the info sounded vague (non specific). but, if I go apple again, i will need to pay more attention to the warranty!

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry for your bad luck but you have take into account the nature of electronics
it could break out of the box or many years from now and this happens to all brands even Apple. You can look at various forums and see that each brand
has had a failure along with posters that 5 or more years still going. I like others will often upgrade 3 to 4 years just because things are changing at a rapid rate better track pads with gestures better screens faster processors and
more ram all while increasing battery life.

yeah! that is true! however, my macbook was meeting all my needs, I have no need, ambition or $$$ to change. My point of concern is that 2yrs10 m is a short life for macs, wouldn´t you think so? I have had dos and windows computers and the Wind OS all lastest more than 3 yrs (with much less care and old techonology!!!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.