Macbook Pro Fan

Reaction score
My macbook pro fan doesn't run under battery power and the case gets really hot. Apple says this is normal. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
My macbook pro fan doesn't run under battery power and the case gets really hot. Apple says this is normal. Any suggestions?

Of course the fan runs under battery power.... I don't know who you spoke to at Apple, or where you read this, but I would suggest making an appointment, and taking it into Apple to have it looked at.

Reaction score
My fan runs the same under battery power as plugged in. In other words, when the machine is cool, it doesn't run fast at all. If it starts to get slightly warm (it never gets HOT) the fan comes on regardless of being plugged in or not. Like 6string said, definitely take it in if it's getting hot and there is no fan. Whoever you talked to, didn't know what they were talking about...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.