• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Walk Like An Egyptian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Not sure how many of my fellow Mac-Forumers are following the news of the Egyptian People but here is a good link

Al Jazeera English Live

Also, if you are interested here are some of my thoughts. Let me know what you think. I've always appreciated the diverse opinions here:

Walk Like An Egyptian

Reaction score
Your blog was a good read! I've heard a lot of people criticizing the Egyptian people over this. But I think more people should be like them. Especially here in the U.S.. It takes a lot of courage in the modern world, to stand up for yourself like that. Most people are scared to death about what will happen to them in the here and now, rather than protecting their children and grandchildren's future. Governments need to always remember they exist soley to serve their people. Not the other way around. They need to be afraid of the citizens, the citizens should never be afraid of the Government. Good job, to those in Egypt :) I hope things get much better there once things stabilize and this guy is out, and most of all that everyone stays safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I do wish the Egyptian people well. I love the country, it's my fave holiday destination.
I think, as with all of these things, a change is needed for sure, but from where? Who can step in and make what will be very radical changes to the way that the country is run, and has been run for 5000 years.
For sure he will go, lets hope that it does turn out for the better, and that they don't end up with a lawless society.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't have much good to say about Al Jazeera, but I do like your thoughts, and I wish you and more like you would have there say in Egypt my friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Best of luck to what I hope is a fledgling democracy. To quote one of my country's Founding Fathers:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.