Best reader - iPad vs. Kindle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have both Kindle and and an iPad. I would currently choose the Kindle any day over the iPad for reading. Better screen for reading and so much lighter it just makes it about 100% easier to read on.

Not to mention Amazon has Kindle apps for just about everything so you always have access to your library from any device.

If what you're really looking for is something mainly for reading, go with the Kindle. The iPad is a great device, but it pales in comparison if your main purpose is reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
IPad 2 is rumored to use a redesigned screen that cab=n be read in sunlight

Source?

To do that would mean to destroy the contrast and outstanding color of the iPad which defeats the main purpose of its existence, so I'm going to say this is 100% false.

There is no technology in existence today that can give you the color clarity of the existing screen in a format that can be seen in direct sunlight without any loss in fidelity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.