"No Bootable device- insert disc and press any key"

Reaction score
Hi Team,
I am new to this Mac world. I am in Big trouble so please some one help me to fix the following issue.

I am using Mac BookPro (10.5.2). Trying to install Vista Ultimate via bootcamp, I have partitioned the drive and when I try to start the installer for windows getting a message ""No Bootable device- insert disc and press any key"
I have enabled the startup to start with CD(windows) and still the same issue.
My internal DVD drive is gone bad. So I am using external DVD drive. Also I installed the VirtualBox and I can able to install Vista..but I don't want to use VB. I want to use Boot Camp. So please please please help me out from this issuueeeeeeee.......

Thanks,
MaC

Reaction score
Microsoft has long restricted Windows so that it cannot be booted from an external drive, which is why you are getting the error. You will need to replace your internal drive on the MBP to boot Windows. This is not a Mac, Boot Camp or OSX issue - this has been the case for Windows since the mid-1990s... Sorry to bring you the bad news.

And while you're at it, you should consider upgrading to Snow Leopard for $29, and once you get Windows installed, upgrading to the latest BootCamp version (3.2) I believe from within Windows.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you Sammy & Buzzard!!
I have fixed my issue by replacing my internal CD/DVD drive and everything is working fine. Once again thanks a lot for your support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.