check with the mac address if a macbook pro is online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPhone 4G, iPhone 2G
Hi everybody,

a couple of weeks ago my macbook pro was stollen. I immediately called the Apple help desk and I informed them about this. The guy that i talked to, told me that I might be able to track the machine through the mac address. Is this possible?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
With some sophisticated, expensive software possibly, never heard of it myself though, i'm sure someone else here will know more about this kind of thing than me though.

The best thing I have ever read about a stolen MacBook was a while ago when a girl managed to access her MacBook remotely and activate the camera on it, then took a picture using it of the thief, just one hour after it was stolen. All over the news here about a year ago.
I hope you can get it back.
Did you have insurance on it?

- Simon

OP
Vasilis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPhone 4G, iPhone 2G
With some sophisticated, expensive software possibly, never heard of it myself though, i'm sure someone else here will know more about this kind of thing than me though.

The best thing I have ever read about a stolen MacBook was a while ago when a girl managed to access her MacBook remotely and activate the camera on it, then took a picture using it of the thief, just one hour after it was stolen. All over the news here about a year ago.
I hope you can get it back.
Did you have insurance on it?

- Simon

Thank you Simon, I have also read this story. The problem here is that I can not access my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.