Mouse freezes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I have, what I believe is the Magic Mouse, and every so often it freezes. Actually it's the arrow. Is there any way to get it moving again without giving it the 1 finger salute...ie: the on/off button?

BTW...fresh batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Are you using a mouse mat for your magic mouse? If not you need to make sure the surface you are using it on isn't too shiny.
Sounds dum I know but I used to have the same problem, my desk was too shiny, had to buy a mouse mat, then no more freezing.

- Simon

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I considered that. I've turned the mouse on/off and tried a mouse pad with no effect. It only freezes after a period of inactivity, even then it's just hit/miss. I really hate to just shut it down with the on/off switch. There must be a way to use keystrokes to shut it down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into the System Preferences > Mouse and make sure none of the settings are moved to the extreme right of the slide. Magic Mouse works much better slowed down a notch or two on all settings.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I checked the settings on the mouse. Double click was 2 bars away from the far right. Tracking is in the middle and scrolling is on the 3rd bar so i don't think that's the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5in iMac
Have you tried removing the battery cover and using a lens brush and a blower to carefully clean the two lenses and around them. I did this to mine because it was behaving erratically and it did the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.