Final Cut and Compressor-BIG PROBLEM! Wants Serial All the time and wont except it

Reaction score
Hello Guys

Once again I am stuck and come looking for a Hero.

I have a new MacBook Pro 13. Mac OSX 10.6.6. My issue is with the Final Cut Pro 7. It was installed when I purchased it. Final Cut itself works fine as does Color and SoundTrack Pro as well as DVD studio Pro. However my 'Big Problem' Is with Compressor (and Motion but dnt use it). Each time I try and open compressor I am asked for my Serial Number which I found in 'About Final Cut' in Final Cut. When I put it in Compressor it says it is incorrect!

Does anyone know how I would go about fixing this? Is it something to do with an apple update, Ive just recently updated.

Alternatively does anyone know how I wipe Final Cut clean from the Mac? I would then reinstall.

Thanx in advance for your help guys

Kyle

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
?????

You could try using the big yellow Download button in the middle of the page on the link above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.