songs skipping

F

funkdoobi

i have no clue why, but sometimes songs skip on my ipod mini.

i'll go to shuffle mode, or try to play the song from the playlist of all my albums that i made, and it'll try loading it or something, and just skips it and goes to the next track.

anyone ever have this problem? if so, how did you fix it? how may i fix it?

keeping inmind that i'm on a PC.

thanks in advance

OP
F

funkdoobi

also, i noticed that when i go to safely remove my ipod, i no longer see a charging icon on the screen.

i had a 40 gig ipod before, and when i'd do that, it'd safely remove it, and i'd see the battery icon on the minis screen. does the ipod mini not do this? or is it that my mini is at full battery life and doesn't need the screen? :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
How do you know what song(s) it's skipping if you're on shuffle? Does it consistently skip the same song(s)? If so, you may have a corrupted mp3 file.

As for your battery question: does the mini's battery indicator show that it's charging while it's connected to the PC? Are you saying that it doesn't show that it's charging when it's still physically connected but you "removed" it using "Safely Remove Hardware?"

OP
F

funkdoobi

caribiner23 said:
How do you know what song(s) it's skipping if you're on shuffle? Does it consistently skip the same song(s)? If so, you may have a corrupted mp3 file.

As for your battery question: does the mini's battery indicator show that it's charging while it's connected to the PC? Are you saying that it doesn't show that it's charging when it's still physically connected but you "removed" it using "Safely Remove Hardware?"

i dont know how the mp3 would be corrupted if im able to play it fine.

also, exactly what you said. it's not showing anything on the screen when it's physically connected, but removed via "safely removing hardware"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are you talking about 'scratched cd skipping' or you are half way through a song and it skips to the next...

i have encountered both and have found that when i copied my cd it was scratched and the file on my computer was 'skipping' as it went through the song. i have also noticed that sometimes i did not have a full copy of the song so it appeard to skip to the next track 1/2 way through...BUT i have also had songs that simply stopped playing and went to the next track but i believe updating my ipod to the most recent software etc. solved that problem

-chris

OP
F

funkdoobi

coach_z said:
are you talking about 'scratched cd skipping' or you are half way through a song and it skips to the next...

i have encountered both and have found that when i copied my cd it was scratched and the file on my computer was 'skipping' as it went through the song. i have also noticed that sometimes i did not have a full copy of the song so it appeard to skip to the next track 1/2 way through...BUT i have also had songs that simply stopped playing and went to the next track but i believe updating my ipod to the most recent software etc. solved that problem

-chris

it doesn't load the song at all. it'll try to load the start, but it doesn't play at all, and will skip to the next track. it's even doing it to full albums.

for example, i uploaded "Coheed And Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3". i go to play it, it skips the ENTIRE thing.

if there's a way for itunes to organize the songs via track number, then i'll just itunes. for now im using eph Pod. which i used when i had my 40 gig, and it worked perfectly =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.