One Very Frustrated new Mac member

A

AdamH87

I just got my new ibook and have had some problems. My iphoto went bazurk...which I fixed by creating a new iphoto library and ditching the old one(was able to keep my pics thank god) but now some more stuff is bugging me.

Mostly with AIM....and sometimes with Safari...the program completley just crashes and i get an error message like the application has quit unexpectently and i have the option of reopening it or w/e. It's been happening very often at some points and its driving me nuts. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
what are you doing when this occurs and what are your mac specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
AdamH87 said:
Mostly with AIM....and sometimes with Safari...the program completley just crashes and i get an error message like the application has quit unexpectently and i have the option of reopening it or w/e. It's been happening very often at some points and its driving me nuts. Any help?

Well, first off I would not use AIM at all.
Just use iChat. You can still use your AIM account and unlike AIM, iChat is not a complete pile of crap..hehe :black:

As far as programs quitting unexpectedly, your first thing to do would be to repair permissions.
Go to Applications>Utillities>Disk Utility
When you have Disk Utility open, select your HD and click on the "Repair Permissions" button.
This will usually clear up any "weirdness" you may happen to notice.

For more indepth help, please post all of your system's specs and we can try to help you a little better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It sounds like bad memory to me.. that's usually the type of behavior when you have bad RAM installed.. you might want to go to an Apple store and have them check it out.

OP
A

AdamH87

its a brand new 14" ibook...updated...1.42 ghz 512 ram 60 GB hard drive...ive only been using it for about a week now. I'm running the repair permissions thing right now...im also tryin to reinstall aim...but cant really reinstall safari can i lol...any other suggestions?

OP
P

phantasma

make sure all ur software is up to date, and use adium as ur AIM client. Adium is more or less like a trillian but for the mac. Ive been using ever since i got my pbook and love it.

www.adiumx.com

and check out the adium xtras, you can customize it out the butt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Murlyn said:
It sounds like bad memory to me.. that's usually the type of behavior when you have bad RAM installed.. you might want to go to an Apple store and have them check it out.

i agree

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.