Help me...please..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac os x 10.3.9 Processor 1.07 GHz PowerPc G4 Memory 512 mb ddr sdram 133mhz
:Cool:[Hey im am super new too Apple ,so when someone told me they would give me an ibook G4 for $175 i jumped cuz im thinking well its apple, it doesnt get virus, and i figure it was expensive so i was gettin a deal.. well after doing research it was a bad buy but im still going to make the best of it... so i would like to upgrade to the highest software possible which is 10.5.?? <-- correct me if im wrong.... right now my apple is 10.3.9 1.07 GHz PowerPc G4 and 512MB DDR SDRAM 133MHZ

Now my questions is What is the best possible upgrades.. like i know the steps of 10.4 to 10.5 but i would like to add a video card for graphics (if possible) what do i have to upgrade to make it faster like instead of 1.07 GHz... basically whatever suggestions yall have for me to make me get the best out of this thing... Once this is all said and done if this gets to expensive im going to jus save my money and by something new but i want to try and use what i have....Thank you for all who is ever considering posting....

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
also after i upgrade will i be able to do basic video and photo editing?? What can I do to get flash on 10.3.9 for the mean time cuz i cant even stream twitter.... my facebook looks like on a cell phone...someone help me out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
The processor and graphics card on most Apple portables are not upgradeable. I've never owned an ibook but you can only upgrade hard drives and RAM on Macbooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Oneironaut is exactly right - RAM and HD can be upgraded, but nothing else. The video and processor are both permanently soldered to the motherboard. RAM can be maxed to 1.25GB on that unit (256MB is soldered to the board, so you would replace the 256MB chip inside with a 1GB chip). I'm betting the hard drive is only about 20GB.

My suggestion, honestly, would be either to keep it and play with it, knowing its limitations, or relist it and try to get most of your investment back. For a word processor, simple browser, email, and maybe a music jukebox, it should be ok. For anything requiring much power, it's going to be extremely frustrating to use.

You might also want to consider running Linux on this box, if you're the Linux type. Yellow Dog Linux is written to run on this age of hardware and is available for download for free from ydl.net. Odds are the performance would be better and you'd have access to more up-to-date browsers and apps than with the MacOS included with the computer.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for yall repleys... umm i know nothing about linux or even what it is lol? but what im tring to do is social media sites like facebook and twitter... Now as of now i cant even load twitter.. it crashes whenever i goto youtube.. and like you said it can get very frustrating..ive spent alot of time doing research and getting apporiate dls for 10.3.9 but is that the reason why i can stream or is it possible from this comptuer?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So check this i dl foxfire for 10.3.9 i can load my fb and twitter but the language is in UK lol... so is that because i dl it from a uk site..some random google... if so do i have to redownload or can i change in settings somewere.?

BTW i did my research a lil on linux ... i dont have any install cds and i think it said something about reinstalling os x so that linux can be on the main driver i dunno but it looks like its time to start saving for a new mac....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.