Airport can't find a connection

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought an Imac about 3/4 months ago, my internet connection has worked properly from when I first started it up.

Now for the last week, Airport hasn't been working at all. It says there is no connection at all and there are no 'available networks', even though there is still a list of networks to choose from. Obviously, I use the one from my house but, when I connect to it, Airport says it's still looking for networks even though it looks like it's connected(you know, with the 'checked off' kinda symbol, my english is to bad to know what I should call that haha).

I've tried diagnostics but it keeps saying that the mac can't do anything to change the problem and that I should reconnect the modem or contact my provider. The first one I've tried and didn't do anything. The second, I haven't because I'm 90 percent sure it's not the network. My xbox 360 connects just fine without any issues.

This turned out in a bigger post than I intended but, yeah, any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Steven

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 2 GHz Core2Duo Intel, 10.6.6, 2GB RAM
I'm assuming that this is via a wireless router. The problem may be with the router or its settings. Option-click on the AirPort icon in your menu bar to get more information on your connection.

OP
H
Reaction score
Yeah, I did that. In the signal bars there's an exclamation mark. Beneath in the menu it says:"Alert: no internet connection". When I click on that it goes to network diagnostics which just results in them saying you should restart your modem and if that doesn't work contact the internet provider. Nice diagnostics there innit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try unplugging the modem/router for twenty minutes and re0-connecting. Alas they do die. Seem to get three years out of them, although one or two have failed whilst under 12 month warranty..

OP
H
Reaction score
I tried it but, unfortunately didn't it didn't work. Like I said though, the connection for my Xbox works perfectly fine.

Thanks for your awnsers but I guess I'll try to contact Apple directly or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.