Can emac run AA2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Hi all, I was just wondering if an emac can run aa2. I saw they are 109 or 104 and I was amazed! Thats even cheaper than an ipod touch. Any ways, if i bought one... can i upgrade it...such as if i bought a new video card. Would that work? If there is only a few could you give me a list of compatible video cards and etc.
Thanks nicecrew

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi all, I was just wondering if an emac can run aa2. I saw they are 109 or 104 and I was amazed! Thats even cheaper than an ipod touch. Any ways, if i bought one... can i upgrade it...such as if i bought a new video card. Would that work? If there is only a few could you give me a list of compatible video cards and etc.
Thanks nicecrew

I have no idea what "AA2" is...but you cannot upgrade the video hardware in an eMac. Also consider...eMac's (depending on the model you're talking about) are 5-8 years old. If "AA2" is something "modern"...I don't think that it's going to run very well on a 5-8 year-old computer.

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Ok, any macs I can upgrade on?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, any macs I can upgrade on?

You can upgrade almost any Mac...but usually the question is...is it a financially smart decision.

I think that the first thing that needs to be clarified is ...what is "AA2"? Then we can figure out what hardware you need to run it.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.2Ghz Quad-Core, Mid 2010
I believe he might be talking about "America's Army 2.5"?
IF they are then, you MIGHT be able to, BUT, there is only Mac support for AA-2.5. There is NO Mac support for 2.8 or 3.0.

These are the system requirements for 2.5.
* Mac OSX 10.3 or later
* 1.0Ghz G4 Processor at minimum
* 348mb ram Memory
* 2 gigabyte of hard drive space
* GeForce2 or Radeon 7500 at minimum, 32Mb Video Ram at Minimum

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe he might be talking about "America's Army 2.5"?
IF they are then, you MIGHT be able to, BUT, there is only Mac support for AA-2.5. There is NO Mac support for 2.8 or 3.0.

Yes...this is what I thought as well. But when I went to the website 24 hours ago...AA3 was the only version I could find...and like you mentioned, it only has system requirements for Windows computers.

I was kind of hoping the "OP" would "chime back in"...and let us know further details.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.