Extended desktop.... DVI-D or what ?!

Reaction score
Hay to all...... This is my problem..... i have a iMac i7 27"..... and a Asus VW220D VGA monitor..... i would like to use this monitor as extended desktop...... now..... i have a Apple Mini display port to DVI..... adapter... but the monitor is VGA..... can i buy a DVI to VGA Adapter and run the other monitor..... and if this is posible which redustion of DVI to VGA to buy.... DVI-D single link.... or DVI-D Dual link....

TNX :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You cannot use that adapter to go to VGA unless you're interested in spending a $100 or more on a digital to analog converter. The mdp to DVI adapter puts out a digital only signal.

You need to get a mini displayport to VGA adapter and a VGA cable.

OP
W
Reaction score
TNX..... i suspected that i can't use a VGA monitor..... :) now to find a Mini display to VGA ;)

OP
W
Reaction score
Yeahh TNX bobtomay but in Serbia.... you can find Mini Disp to VGA only in Apple Dealer Shop :) Its abour 25 €....... you have bean a lot of help to me.... saved me time and money ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.