new mac mini ram question

Reaction score
Hi, i just upgraded from an asus netbook to a mac mini and im wondering if i can use the 2gb module in my netbook in the ram to save buying two new ram modules

the spec for he module i have is

2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 upgrades for ASUS Eee PC 1018P (DDR3 Series) Netbook, CT1546865 from Crucial.com

looking at it i cant tell any difference between the one i have and the one recommended for mini by crucial other than product number

mc mini ram from crucial
also im wondering if i were to buy a 4 gb module is it worth leaving 1 gb in to make it 5 or to to leave one slot empty

thanks if anyone can help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both your links above are the same. However, the ASUS memory modules will work in the Mini since they are the same spec.

For best results....

When you buy modules for the Mini, you should get them from the same supplier and do not leave a slot empty. Buy 2 x 2GB modules or 2 x 4GB modules and do not mix and match. MacIntosh computers are generally more picky about what type of memory is used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.