outlook exchange email

Reaction score
Im have been trying to configure my corporate email on my iphone and mac pro for some time now. I cannot figure out how to do it.

To access email, we have 2 options, we can use the company issued computers (pc) on the local network, or use citrix meta frame to login in and view email remotely.

I have typed all exchange information into my mac using outlook for mac 2011 while I connected my mac to the local server, but it would not work.

The server address from the pc that connects to outlook express no problem is "stl-exch2.companyname.local.

I am thinking that the .local has something to do with.

When I erased outlook from the pc and re-installed the account, when I put in my name, it underlined it which it is not doing on the mac.

Can anyone please help me with this issue. My IT apartment at work will not help me and I know we do not use some sort of OWA or anything like that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What version of exchange are they running? Are you trying to connect outlook 2011 to exchange 2003 or earlier? If this is the case then you are toast. It won't directly connect. You could try Entourage 2008 or 2004 - which does work with the 2003 server.

If there is no OWA then a lot of other solutions won't work either. Citrix does work on the Mac though.

Reaction score
The "local" indicates that you need to be on your company network when trying this. Are you logged into VPN with your Mac or iPhone?

In these cases, I would contact the system administrator, because they can tell you whether it's

a) compliant to use your own Exchange devices
b) technically enabled to support other clients except Windows/Outlook/WinMo

OP
T
Reaction score
What version of exchange are they running? Are you trying to connect outlook 2011 to exchange 2003 or earlier? If this is the case then you are toast. It won't directly connect. You could try Entourage 2008 or 2004 - which does work with the 2003 server.

If there is no OWA then a lot of other solutions won't work either. Citrix does work on the Mac though.

I am not sure what version. I am almost certain that it is 2003 or earlier. I will check into entourage and see if that helps. I do know that citrix is available on mac, but I like to use outlook and dont want to jump through the hoops of having to log into the citrix website and so on.

Thank you for your help!

OP
T
Reaction score
The "local" indicates that you need to be on your company network when trying this. Are you logged into VPN with your Mac or iPhone?

In these cases, I would contact the system administrator, because they can tell you whether it's

a) compliant to use your own Exchange devices
b) technically enabled to support other clients except Windows/Outlook/WinMo

I am working on creating a VPN from my workstation at work which I leave on all the time. There is a way to connect the iPhone to the VPN?

As far as being on the company network, I thought that was the case, but when I entered the outlook exchange information from the PC into the outlook exchange on the mac & hard wired into the company network, it still did not work.

Any suggestons?

Thank you for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.