MacBook Cannot Connect to the App Store

Reaction score
Every time I try to connect to the Mac OS App Store, it loads for about a minute (sometimes it doesn't appear to load at all), and then says "Cannot Connect to the App Store". I thought that maybe it was because I have a pretty weak wireless connection, so I went over to a friends house and tried reinstalling the Combo Update over his connection, then connecting to the App Store there. I still got the same message. He could connect instantly on his macbook. What can I do to fix this? Or at least, what is stopping me from connecting?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of Snow Leopard are you running? In order to connect to the App Store you need to be using 10.6.6.

OP
B
Reaction score
Which version of Snow Leopard are you running? In order to connect to the App Store you need to be using 10.6.6.

i'm running 10.6.6. is it possible that, for some reason, the update just didn't completely sync, and it thinks i'm running a previous version?

oh and also, i have turned the firewall off, in case someone was going to suggest that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, something else is probably causing you not to be able to access the store. If the App store icon is in your dock and the application itself is listed under applications, it means it installed. Try booting your machine in safe mode and see if the App store icon will run that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.