Hard to MacBook

Reaction score
I have MacBook MC207PO/A. I want buy new hard disk. Can you recommend me hard disk (but I'd like to at least TB) with good productivity and without conflicts with another hardware.

Sorry for my bad English :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I assume you mean an internal HD to replace your current one?

OP
M
Reaction score
yes…
I think the best choice of Hitachi as it comes with the original Mac, but I am not an expert in this practice, so I want to hear other views :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
yes…
I think the best choice of Hitachi as it comes with the original Mac, but I am not an expert in this practice, so I want to hear other views :)

You can use any brand. They are essential all the same, and they are all prone to hardware failure.

In the end it comes down to how much you are willing to spend. I would do research on HDD. IE read benchmarks so you can make an educated buy and get the most out of your money.

I've had a lot of "luck" with Seagate HDDs, and very bad luck with Western Digital. This is only from my experience and I'm sure there are others that have smilar or different experiences with the different brands.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
well i looked extensively for a 1tb 2.5", and they are hard to come by.

you could go for a 750GB... however i recommend the seagate momentus 500gb. good size and its a 7200rpm speed, so you'll get aslight performance boost.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
well i looked extensively for a 1tb 2.5", and they are hard to come by.

you could go for a 750GB... however i recommend the seagate momentus 500gb. good size and its a 7200rpm speed, so you'll get aslight performance boost.

2.5" is one thing but you also need to keep the hight in mind as well. The hdd needs to be 2.5" and 9.5mm in height.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.