Snow Leopard Upgrade Query

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently run Leopard on a 2008 Mac Pro and, upon recently discovering that I cannot run Logic 9 64bit with anything less than Snow Leopard have decided that an OS upgrade is vital to continue doing what I need to do.

I have a Mac Mini and Macbook Pro both with Snow Leopard factory installed and came with the installation CD's for the OS. It seems like a stupid question, but do you think I could use one of these CD's to upgrade my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard or are they computer specific with what they are bundled with (drivers etc)?

Is it worth buying a separate install for my Mac Pro?

Any help appreciated. Cheers!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a Mac Mini and Macbook Pro both with Snow Leopard factory installed and came with the installation CD's for the OS. It seems like a stupid question, but do you think I could use one of these CD's to upgrade my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard or are they computer specific ...

Exactly...those gray discs are model specific. Just buy a 10.6 Snow Leopard install disk from the Apple Store for £26.00. Probably the least expensive OS upgrade you'll ever get from Apple!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.