Automator Error

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the best place to post them...yes, I'm new here...my ignorance will probably show through! I've been using the automator for specific workflows for a while now with no problems (creating "Sample" images), however, today I received an error message when I opened the workflow. It stated "The behavior of this workflow may have changed because of the reasons listed below. - The workflow was saved with an older version of the action "Watermark a PDF. Check that the workflow behaves as expected by running it with the newer version...(can't see the rest)."

The work flow didn't work properly, so I removed the watermark portion and reinserted it (only one option), but it still doesn't work poperly. I no longer get this message, just the little "caution signs." Help! I use this everyday for work and can't figure out how to make it work properly now! :(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

There is also no need to create duplicate threads.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you reinserted the same version of that Watermark action it is not going to work. What version of the action does your installation have? I believe that mine has the number 305.3.

BTW As I was looking for a solution to this I noticed that apparently many users have been having trouble with this action from the beginning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.