Doom on iPods

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Thats awesome. If I had a color ipod I would start trying to do that right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
I don't see why people would do this... why wouldn't you just buy a like $80 gameboy if you want to play games on the run? So much easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Mojo027 said:
I don't see why people would do this... why wouldn't you just buy a like $80 gameboy if you want to play games on the run? So much easier.
I guess its just fun to mess around with your own gadgets. I'd try it if I could. I have plenty of gaming devices, but to have that on the iPod is decent. Just to know you can put it on there is really wild.

Pretty cool though. How is it to play on the iPod? Is it just as easy as using a portable gaming device?

Reaction score
Wow... I saw someone post a joke about this at iPod Lounge or iPodhack a year or so ago... (Actually it was an April fools joke, if I remember correctly) Now a reality...cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
I don't think the major point is to play the game on the iPod, I think the major reason for doing it is to see if it can be done. Doing science projects like this can really accelerate your learning. If you are a techno-geek (which I am) you can really appreciate the time, effort, and analytics that went into doing this.

Well done! That is totally awesome. Now your next project should be converting an XBox or PS2 game controller to plug into the accessory port. Playing the game would be a lot easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Erudite.Warrior said:
I don't think the major point is to play the game on the iPod, I think the major reason for doing it is to see if it can be done. Doing science projects like this can really accelerate your learning. If you are a techno-geek (which I am) you can really appreciate the time, effort, and analytics that went into doing this.

Well done! That is totally awesome. Now your next project should be converting an XBox or PS2 game controller to plug into the accessory port. Playing the game would be a lot easier.
My thoughts as well.

OP
J

Jonster

i have seen this before, but i haven't actually done it cuz i don't want to screw with the innards of my ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.