Best way to learn how to use my mac

Reaction score
What is the best way how to learn how to use my mac or any software.

I am married and am time poor as i have young children, i have purchased a few books but never really have had time to even look at them as reading a book like this you need to have the machine in front of you.

I just want to get a lot more out of my machine as i only use it for surfing the net and i know it has a lot more capabilities than that.

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you're a visual learner like me, you may find video tutorials helpful. Here are some on Mac basics including iChat, Expose, Time Machine, etc.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

And here are a bunch of cool tips once you get past the basics.

Apple - Business - Theater

As for particular programs, a google search for tutorials will bring up plenty of YouTube videos you can watch. Any in particular you'd like to learn?

The other advice I have is just to explore the applications yourself. Open them up, look at the Preferences under each one and explore their interfaces.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.