Volume Booster for Mac?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good volume booster for a macbook? I know VLC does it, but that's just limited to one application. I want something that boosts the overall system audio, Any ideas? I was going through some applications, like Boom, Hear... has anyone tried these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac & 16" MacBook Pro (Intel)
You can do this with Audio Hijack Pro by monitoring the system sound and applying a gain. You can also apply a whole bunch of other effects, too, such as an equalizer, etc.

HTH

OP
D
Reaction score
You can do this with Audio Hijack Pro by monitoring the system sound and applying a gain. You can also apply a whole bunch of other effects, too, such as an equalizer, etc.

HTH

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead a purchased Boom. Audio Hijack was little too pricy for my taste. All I wanted was to boost the overall system volume and Boom Volume Booster app for Mac, does it beautifully. Love how it also boosts the volume during my skype calls and while watching YouTube videos

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
have fun with all that lovely digital distortion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.