Disc Utility won't let me repair!

Reaction score
Ok, before I even begin to explain let me say that I have already booted off of my Installer disc and repaired my Macintosh HD. So don't give me that advice.

So, I have a disc. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Whenever I tried to install it, it ejected itself. So I ran the Disc Utility and it gave me errors and told me to repair it, but the Repair Disc option in unavailable. So I want to know how can I make the option avaiable?

Here's an image.
Hammoud110

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Repair Disk is only available when booted from the system disc as you have already described so won't give you that advice.

Is the game Mac compatible and does you computer meet the game's specifications? Always helps if you provide computer and OS details.

Next option is your hard drive is failing.

There is no image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Another repair option is to use Disk Warrior, which will do repairs that Disk Utility can't. But it's expensive @~US$100.

Before you do anything about that option however, repair your OS Permissions, preferably using OnyX Titanium's Software • Download. Then see if you're still unable to use the Disk Utility repair function.

OP
H
Reaction score
Repair Disk is only available when booted from the system disc as you have already described so won't give you that advice.

Is the game Mac compatible and does you computer meet the game's specifications? Always helps if you provide computer and OS details.

Next option is your hard drive is failing.

There is no image.

Yes, I used to have it on my iMac, then I tried to reinstall it and now it is giving errors.
"Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.59f2

"
Its 10.6.6

I put an image but I don't know why it isn't working, whatever.

How do I fix this hard drive failing issue?

Reaction score
So, I have a disc. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Whenever I tried to install it, it ejected itself. So I ran the Disc Utility and it gave me errors and told me to repair it, but the Repair Disc option in unavailable. So I want to know how can I make the option avaiable?

cd's/dvd's are read only. Disc Utility cannot repair a read only disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.