Time Zone messes up iCal appointments

DHB

Reaction score
I have a problem when travelling. I enter appointments at home in my local time at home, and appointments abroad in the local time abroad. When I travel abroad I change the time zone on my MacBook Pro but this messes up all the appointment times in iCal. When I travel across 11 time zones (South Africa to New Zealand), most of my home appointments even change to the next day.

Is there any preference that I can select to tell iCal to leave all my appointment times unchanged?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Go to Prefrences<Advanced<Turn on time zone support (uncheck the box)
I hope this helped!
nicecrew

OP
D

DHB

Reaction score
Time zone support

OK Thanks.
I experimented with the "time zone support" preference. Actually having it unchecked is what caused the problems. The box needs to be checked and each appointment is given in a specific time zone at its correct local time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Great!
No need to thank me, you solved the problem yourself. I was wrong anyways :)
Glad it worked out :)
nicecrew

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

OP: What does this have to do with "Community Suggestions"? Read the forum descriptions before posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.