Speech Feedback HELP!

Reaction score
I need help. basically i want to be able to say "Thank you" to my mac (Using Speech Feedback) and it say "You are Welcome".

I have absolutely NO IDEA how to even come about this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bhiggins91

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
1. Launch AppleScript Editor (In your Utilities folder)
2. In the window that appears type the following: say "You're Welcome"
3. Click Compile (the hammer) then hit the run button to test the script.
4. Chose Save As and save the Script as an application. Save it in your Speakable Items folder with the name Thank You. That's right name the script whatever you want to say to activate it.
5. Follow the steps in this article to configure Speakable Items ATPM 15.11 - How To: Making Your Own Speakable Items. Ignore the Automator stuff. You have taken care of that with the AppleScript you created. The configuration steps are also in the Mac's help file.

In theory the script could be modified to say anything you want as long as what it is supposed to say is within the quotes. Name the new script with whatever word or phrase you want to say to trigger the script.

HTH if it doesn't yell.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sweet

Thanks so so much! That is exactly what i wanted it to do!

But one slight problem that i don't know if it can be fixed...

Every time I say thank you, the script I saved pops up next to my trash and then disappears. Is there anyway to keep it from popping up?
Thanks,
Bhiggins91

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am not sure about what's going on but let me take a guess at your system settings.
1. Your Dock is always visible?
2. There is a folder in your Dock next to the trash that says "Recent Documents" when you scroll over it?

If the answer to both questions is yes this is normal. An alias of each application that runs/document that opens is placed in that folder. Not sure there is a way to stop it other than dragging that folder out of the Dock which causes it to poof and disappear. If the answer to either question is no I'll have to do some more thinking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.