iPhone 3Gs bricked? Help.

Reaction score
Tried unlocking the phone with the iPad baseband unlock method and apparently it wasn't truly unlocked as I took it to tmobile and tried a sim card there. Anyways, I hit reset all within the iPhone settings and without thinking the battery was low and it died. So I plugged it into iTunes and tried restoring with no such luck. The phone is stuck in "Recovery" mode and everytime I try restoring it gets all the way through then it comes up with this error...

itunes-error-code-1015.png

Suggestions?

OP
S
Reaction score
Does that method only work for 3.1.2? I just want the current 4.2.1 firmware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Heres stuff for the 4.2.1 firmware (i am quoting a poster on another forum): "use recboot if you have a mac to boot you out of recovery and you will be fine. if not use tinyumbrella. just youtube it. that error is normal."

YouTube - Exit Recovery Mode With ONE CLICK! - Fixes 1015 iTunes Error!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtDrG6FXoE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
No problem simpsonn.
nicecrew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.